Amazon ha rilasciato una nuova versione del firmware per Kindle 3 – la 3.0.3. Si tratta di nuovo di una early preview – e gli aggiornamenti dovrebbero riguardare: Kernel, wifi driver, usb driver & e-ink controller driver updates, Framework updates, Browser updates.
Ecco le spiegazioni sul download e sull’installazione via usb:
- Determine your software version: From Home, select Menu, then Settings. On the Settings screen you will see the Kindle version at the bottom of the screen. If you see “Version Kindle 3.0.2″ or earlier, please proceed with the steps below to update your Kindle to the latest software.
- Download your software: Visit the appropriate link below to download the software update file directly to your computer:
Kindle Wi-Fi: Download 3.0.3
Your serial number will start with “B008″Kindle 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) – U.S. and Canadian Customers*: Download 3.0.3
Your serial number will start with “B006″ Kindle 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) – European Customers*: Download 3.0.3
Your serial number will start with “B00A”
Your Kindle serial number is visible at the bottom of the Settings Screen. From Home, select Menu, then Settings.*We automatically ship your Kindle with the best built-in wireless card based on the shipping country you select during checkout. If your country is not listed above, please use the serial number instructions to determine which download to use.
- Transfer software to your Kindle: Turn your Kindle on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable. Drag and drop the new update file from your computer to the Kindle drive. (The drive contains a number of folders – such as “audible,” “documents,” and “music” – and is typically displayed as a “device” icon).
- Monitor file transfer and disconnect: Check your file transfer progress to ensure file transfer to your Kindle is complete before disconnecting. After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect Kindle from your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
- Start the software update: Go to the Home screen, press the Menu key, and select “Settings.” Press the Menu key again, and then select “Update Your Kindle.” (This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.) Select “Ok” when prompted if you want to perform an update. Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. After the first restart, you will see “Your Kindle is Updating”.
- Once the update is complete: Your Kindle will automatically restart the second time. When you go to the Settings page, you should notice Version: Kindle 3.0.3 at the bottom of the screen. Once you see this, you know your update is complete.
- Please share your feedback about the update: E-mail email@example.com. We look forward to hearing about your experience and appreciate your feedback.